Visit us here from time to time for the latest job opportunities in your health department...
Posted August 22, 2019
The Mineral County Health Department is looking to fill the position of Sanitarian I. The position requires a minimum of a Bachelor’s degree, with emphasis in sciences preferred. Must be in good physical condition and able to traverse rugged terrain. Valid driver license required. Use of personal vehicle required.
The position description is as follows:
- perform evaluations and assure compliance with laws and rules pertaining to: food service establishments, manufactured home communities, schools, child care centers, tattoo parlors, body piercing studios, institutions, motels/hotels, bed and breakfasts, organized camps, campgrounds, recreational water facilities, parks/playgrounds, individual on-site sewage disposal systems, sewage tank cleaners, and individual water systems
- investigate complaints of infractions of laws and rules pertaining to the health and safety of the general public
- perform the lead role in organizing and implementing epidemiological investigations
- educate the public on environmental health issues through personal contacts, talks to large groups and the media
- conduct training classes for food service workers, sewage installers, well drillers, etc.
- evaluate, collect and submit materials and substances and interpret results for bacteriological, virological and chemical analysis
- responsible for program planning, reporting, participating in meetings and seminars relative to environmental health issues, maintain files, ledgers, registers, and records necessary to support an ongoing evaluation and enforcement program
- participate in planning and training for threat Preparedness response and to attend training seminars and conferences related to this subject.
- Perform other duties as assigned
There is a multiple step process to apply.
First submit a resume to the Mineral County Health Department at 541 Harley O Staggers Dr STE 1, Keyser, WV 26726, ATTN: Administrator or by email at email@example.com
Second, the position will be posted on the State of WV website on Monday, August 19th thru September 6th. During that time, you can apply through the State of WV Division of Personnel Website at https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/wv/jobs/1552986/sanitarian-1?keywords=sanitarian&pagetype=jobOpportunitiesJobs. Make sure to submit all required documentation and select Mineral for the county of work.
For more information please call A.Jay Root at 304-788-1321.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.